Monday, September 29, 2008

Belle River



This weekend we traveled about 2 hours southwest from New Orleans to "cajun county". Pierre Part area, Belle River, Louisiana. I have a cousin who lives on a house boat. It is a beautiful house boat built on a barge. We put a kayak in the river looking for alligators and ducks. We went on a beautiful skiff ride for the sunset and then ate frog legs.
We had a house boat full of people. Jeanne' and Butch (their houseboat and my 2nd cousin), Oudrey, Ashley and Oudrey IV (my 3rd cousisn) Renee (1st cousin) and Aunt Karen, finally myself and Landry. Wilder stayed at Mopsie's and Pop's house.
Oudrey III made the frogs legs.

I can't wait to go back to Belle River, it seems the pace of life seems much slower as I watch the herons, egrets, gators, ducks and boats.

No comments: